Sunday 22 May 2011

Multi Me - My Style[?]

Multi me. It’s not the real name for this style of photography, but thanks to the brief we had that involved us doing this tactic, it’s what I’ve learnt it to be.

Multi me in it’s basic form is when you create an image with a model in it numerous times. You take pictures of your model, then merge them all into one picture, so that it looks like there are multiple copies of them.

There are a few ways you can do this. You can put each picture on top of each other on different layers then change the type to multiple, you can layer mask the images through onto the background, or you can do it the way I know which is to down the transparency of the pictures then use the eraser tool to bring the picture from behind forward.

Here is an example of a ‘Multi-me’ that I created recently for my Self Portrait. Ignore the watermark, the image is off my Deviantart account, I had to watermark it to prevent theft.



This one was pretty simple seeing as the two pictures are pretty far apart, so lets get an example that I did with two subjects closer together.



Besides the obvious changes, not much was done to this image in regards to editing the models themselves.

Multi me is a style I love to use and I will continue to use it in as many ways as I can. I hope one day I can create a piece with more then three models in it, as that at the moment is the most I have ever done and that was my first attempt.



Once again, ignore the watermark. The picture is very squashed, there are problems with places not matching and I cut half my foot off, but I think I got better, hopefully I did.

Images were taken off my deviantart which can be found through this link – Clicky clicky!

No comments:

Post a Comment